Who is Zaila Avant-garde? Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Education, World Record, Spelling Bee 2021 &

Publish date: 2024-05-09

Zaila Avant-garde  (born in 2007 [Age: 14 Years]) is a famous American basketball player, social media influencer, mathemagician, speller, and Guinness World Record holder from Harvey, Louisiana, United States. Zaila is popular in the country for her amazing basketball juggling skills and reading skills. 

Being an avid reader, she has read more than 1000 books. She has also participated in various basketball and spelling bee contests. At the age of 14, Zaila Avant made Guinness World Record and also won various spelling bee competitions. 

As per the sources, she also made a record of 255 “bounce juggles” with 4 basketballs in one minute. Zaila Avant-garde came to the spotlight after winning the 93rd Scripps National Spelling Bee held on July 8, 2021, at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Bay Lake, Florida. 

She grabbed the No 1 position after correctly spelling the word “Murraya”. Zaila Avant is a multi-talented girl with a sharp mind. In this article, we provide you the information About Zaila Avant-Garde Wiki, Age, Biography, Parents, Family, Education, Height, Weight, Spelling Bee 2021 Winner, World Record & Facts.

Zaila Avant-Garde’s Biography

Zaila Avant-Garde Wikipedia:- The young talented girl, Zaila Avant-garde took birth to her parents in the year 2007 in Harvey, Louisiana, United States. She was born into African descent family and follows the Christian religion. Her exact date of birth is not available. According to the sources, Zaila Avant’s age is 14 years old (as of 2021). 

She has a great interest in reading and finding new words since childhood. According to the sources, Zaila has a passion for basketball. As per her IG profile, she took inspiration from professional basketball player, Late: Kobe Bryant. 

Talking about her education then, she is currently studying at Warren Easton Charter High School. Apart from this, she has also played various basketball games for Lady Eagles at Belle Chasse Academy. 

According to the sources, Avant started reading encyclopedias and different books at a very young age. Apart from reading she also focuses on her sports career. Today, Zaila Avant-garde is a famous American basketball player and speller. 

Zaila Avant-Garde Wiki

Full Real NameZaila Avant-garde.
Age (as of 2021)14 years old.
ProfessionBasketball Player, Social Media Influencer, Mathemagician, Speller, and Guinness World Record Holder.
Date of Birth2007.
Place of BirthHarvey, Louisiana, United States.
EducationCurrently Studying.
Alma materWarren Easton Charter High School.
Net worth$1 million USD (approx.).
Height (approx.)In Feet Inches: 5′ 2″.
In Meters: 1.57 m.
In Centimetres: 157 cm.
Weight (approx.)In Kilograms: 45 kg.
In Pounds: 99 lbs.
Eye ColorBlack.
Hair ColorBlack.
NationalityAmerican.
EthnicityMixed (African Descent).
ReligionChristian.
Important LinksInstagram: @basketballasart
Facebook: @zaila.avantgarde

Zaila Avant-Garde’s Family (Parents, Ethnicity & Siblings)

Zaila Avant-Garde Bio / Wiki – Talking about Zaila Avant-garde’s family details then, she belongs to the mixed ethnical background of African descent. She has a sharp and innovative mind. Zaila Avant makes feel her parents proud at a very young age

As per the sources, her father’s name is ‘Jawara ‘Spacetime’ Heard’. On the other side, her mother ‘Alma Vernice Heard’ works as Transportation/Valet Supervisor at Caesars Entertainment Corporation. 

ParentsFather: Jawara ‘Spacetime’ Heard.
Mother: Alma Vernice Heard.
SiblingsBrothers: Sol Heard, Zwe Heard, and Wonder Heard.

As per the sources, Zaila is the sister of three brothers named Sol Heard, Zwe Heard, and Wonder Heard. According to the reports, her father asked her to spell the words from the previous editions of Scripps National Spelling Bee. 

When Zaila spelled all words perfectly then her dad asked her to participate in spelling bee contests. Due to Zaila’s sharp and quick mind, she became a good speller and won various competitions.  She has also featured in a commercial along with famous basketball player, Stephen Curry.

Basketball Career

According to the sources, Zaila Avant started practicing basketball at a very young age. She also plays various basketball matches in her high school days. Apart from a good player, Zaila Avant-garde also does different and unique tricks with basketballs. 

After scrolling down her Instagram profile, we found that she shared lots of photos of Late: Kobe Bryant (basketball player). 

After seeing these pictures, it seems that she considers him as her mentor. She also uploaded her practice videos on her social media handles. In an interview, Zaila Avant-garde said that:-

“I hope, maybe I going to play to the WNBA or becoming a basketball coach”. 

Spelling Bee 2021 Winner

Zaila Avant-garde started learning new words at a very young age. She also reads various books and encyclopedias. As per the reports, Zaila Avant started taking participates in spelling bee contests at the behest of her father. 

According to the sources, in the year 2020, she participated in the Kaplan-Hexco Online Spelling Bee competition. As per the sources, Zaila won the Kaplan Spelling Bee contest and grabbed the first prize worth $10,000. 

Zaila Avant-garde rose to fame after winning the 93rd Scripps National Spelling Bee on 8 July 2021. As per the sources, she was one of the 209 contestants, who participated in the competition. 

Due to her sharp mind, Zaila Avant became the winner of the 93rd Scripps National Spelling Bee 2021. She grabbed the check of $50,000 after correctly spelling the word ‘murraya’. 

https://twitter.com/ScrippsBee/status/1413316412609867776

Let me tell you that, Murraya is a plant, which is a genus of tropical Asiatic and Australian trees. The correct pronunciation of the word is ‘Mur-raya’. After winning the cash prize, she said that:-

Well, when I earned a $10,000 check from the Kaplan-Hexco Online Spelling Bee contest, I said I planned to stick it under the security of floorboards, yet the $50,000, that would be a ton of dollars and I don’t figure my sections of flooring could fit it, so I don’t have a clue.”

Guinness World Record Holder

According to the sources, Zaila Avant-garde is also a three-time Guinness World Record holder. According to the sources, Zaila made a record of  255 “bounce juggles” in one minute with 4 basketballs. 

Read Also: Kris Moutinho Wiki (MMA Fighter) Biography, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Family & Facts

Apart from this, her name has also been recorded in the Guinness World Record book for dribbling 4 basketballs in 30 seconds. She also said that she has lots of big plans for her future. 

13 Facts You Didn’t Know About Zaila Avant-garde 

Maybe the best part about always having Zaila around is that she’s #essentially a walking/talking Encyclopedia. She’s learned so many interesting things through extensive reading that sometimes I will just sit and listen to her give the most detailed of lectures on topics that I might never have even thought to have… thought about.”

https://youtu.be/4z6CWoBd5lQ

Images Source: Instagram and Google

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGiuoqOZZMeitcuaZJqukaPBbrPAq5ueZw%3D%3D