39 Joker Quotes (2019) Showing Reality Of This Ruthless World

Publish date: 2024-05-03

Here are 39 Joker Quotes from the movies including Joker (2019)/Arthur Fleck aka Joaquin Phoenix, Dark Knight, Suicide Squad and animated movies like Batman: The Killing Joke that will show you the reality of this cruel world.

Joker is probably the only villain who is more famous among superhero fans than many of the superheroes.

And I think the credit for making Joker, one of the most popular and respected characters goes to the 2008 superhero movie, “The Dark Knight” directed by Christopher Nolan.

Heath Ledger who played the role of Joker has immortalized the character in the hearts of fans forever with his extraordinary performance.

Another actor who has immortalized the character of Joker and presented him in a completely new avatar is Joaquin Phoenix in his new movie Joker (2019). This movie shows the origin story of Arthur Fleck, a man disregarded and insulted by society. He suffers from a neurological condition in which he bursts into laughter in inappropriate situations.

An aspiring comedian he was bullied and beaten up by some thugs. When humiliation and suffering become too much to bear, he picks up the gun and resorts to violence.

• 39 Joker Quotes:
  • Joker Quotes From Joker (2019) Movie / Arthur Fleck aka Joaquin Phoenix
  • 1.) I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realize, it’s a comedy.
  • 2.) The worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave as if you don’t.
  • 3.) For my whole life, I didn’t know if I even really existed. But I do, and people are starting to notice.
  • 4.) What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash? You get what you fuckin’ deserve!
  • 5.) I hope my death makes more sense cents than my life.
  • 6.) Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?
  • 7.) Comedy is subjective, Murray. Isn’t that what they say? All of you, the system that knows so much, you decide what’s right or wrong. The same way that you decide what’s funny or not.
  • Joker Quotes From The Dark Knight
  • 8.) If you are good at something, never do it for free.
  • 9.) Nobody panics when everything goes ‘according to the plan’, even if the plan is horrifying!
  • 10.) You see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are.
  • 11.) Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.
  • 12.) I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you stranger.
  • 13.) The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.
  • 14.) To them, you’re just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don’t, they’ll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code; it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see. I’ll show you. When the chips are down these, uh, civilized people? They’ll eat each other. See I’m not a monster, I’m just ahead of the curve.
  • 15.) Why so serious?
  • 16.) Does it depress you? To know just how alone you really are?
  • 17.) All you care about is money. This city deserves a better class of criminal. And I’m gonna give it to them!
  • 18.) It’s not about money. It’s about sending a message. Everything burns.
  • ALSO READ: 42 Unforgettable Batman Dark Knight Trilogy Quotes
  • 19.) Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos.
  • 20.) A man with nothing to fear is a man with nothing to love. If you have nothing to love, you have nothing to lose.
  • 21.) I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I just do…things.
  • 22.) Smile, because it confuses people. Smile, because it’s easier than explaining what is killing you inside.
  • 23.) Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?
  • 24.) If someone hates you for no reason, give that jerk a reason.
  • 25.) When your time is good, your mistakes are taken as jokes. But when your time is bad, even your jokes are noticed as mistakes.
  • 26.) It’s not about money… it’s about sending a message.
  • 27.) You can’t rely on anyone these days, you gotta do everything yourself, don’t we? That’s ok, I came prepared, it’s a funny world we live in.
  • Joker Quotes From Suicide Squad
  • 28.) I am not someone who is loved. I’m an idea. State of mind. I execute my will according to my plan and you, Doctor, are not part of my plan.
  • 29.) Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power.
  • 30.) I am not gonna kill you. I am just gonna hurt you really really bad.
  • ALSO READ: 55 Incredible Lion King Quotes That Will Change Your Life
  • Joker Quotes From Batman: The Killing Joke
  • 31.) Yes, memory’s so treacherous. One moment, you’re lost in a carnival of delight: childhood aromas, the flashing neon of puberty, all that sentimental candyfloss. The next, it takes you somewhere you don’t want to be. Somewhere dark and cold, filled with the damp, ambiguous shapes of things you’d rather forget. Memories can be vile, repulsive little brutes. Like children, no?
  • 32.) Whenever you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, leading to places in your past where the screaming is unavoidable, remember this: There’s always madness. You can just step outside and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… Forever.
  • 33.) I’ve demonstrated there’s no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day. That’s how far the world is from where I am, just one bad day.
  • 34.) By clinging to reality, you’re denying the reality of the situation!
  • Other Quotes by Joker From Video Games, Comics and Old Movies
  • 35.) Parting is such sweet sorrow, dearest. Still, you can’t say we didn’t show you a good time. Enjoy yourself out there… in the asylum. Just don’t forget — if it ever gets too tough… there’s always a place for you here.
  • 36.) The real joke is your stubborn, bone-deep conviction that somehow, somewhere, all of this makes sense! That’s what cracks me up each time!
  • 37.) Haven’t you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?
  • 38.) The pen, is truly mightier than the sword!
  • 39.) As my plastic surgeon always says; If you gotta go, go with a smile.
  • 39 Joker Quotes:

Joker Quotes From Joker (2019) Movie / Arthur Fleck aka Joaquin Phoenix

1.) I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realize, it’s a comedy.

2.) The worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave as if you don’t.

3.) For my whole life, I didn’t know if I even really existed. But I do, and people are starting to notice.

4.) What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash? You get what you fuckin’ deserve!

5.) I hope my death makes more sense cents than my life.

6.) Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?

7.) Comedy is subjective, Murray. Isn’t that what they say? All of you, the system that knows so much, you decide what’s right or wrong. The same way that you decide what’s funny or not.

Joker Quotes From The Dark Knight

8.) If you are good at something, never do it for free.

9.) Nobody panics when everything goes ‘according to the plan’, even if the plan is horrifying!

10.) You see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are.

11.) Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

12.) I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you stranger.

13.) The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.

14.) To them, you’re just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don’t, they’ll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code; it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see. I’ll show you. When the chips are down these, uh, civilized people? They’ll eat each other. See I’m not a monster, I’m just ahead of the curve.

15.) Why so serious?

16.) Does it depress you? To know just how alone you really are?

17.) All you care about is money. This city deserves a better class of criminal. And I’m gonna give it to them!

18.) It’s not about money. It’s about sending a message. Everything burns.

ALSO READ: 42 Unforgettable Batman Dark Knight Trilogy Quotes

19.) Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos.

20.) A man with nothing to fear is a man with nothing to love. If you have nothing to love, you have nothing to lose.

21.) I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I just do…things.

22.) Smile, because it confuses people. Smile, because it’s easier than explaining what is killing you inside.

23.) Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

24.) If someone hates you for no reason, give that jerk a reason.

25.) When your time is good, your mistakes are taken as jokes. But when your time is bad, even your jokes are noticed as mistakes.

26.) It’s not about money… it’s about sending a message.

27.) You can’t rely on anyone these days, you gotta do everything yourself, don’t we? That’s ok, I came prepared, it’s a funny world we live in.

Joker Quotes From Suicide Squad

28.) I am not someone who is loved. I’m an idea. State of mind. I execute my will according to my plan and you, Doctor, are not part of my plan.

29.) Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power.

30.) I am not gonna kill you. I am just gonna hurt you really really bad.

ALSO READ: 55 Incredible Lion King Quotes That Will Change Your Life

Joker Quotes From Batman: The Killing Joke

31.) Yes, memory’s so treacherous. One moment, you’re lost in a carnival of delight: childhood aromas, the flashing neon of puberty, all that sentimental candyfloss. The next, it takes you somewhere you don’t want to be. Somewhere dark and cold, filled with the damp, ambiguous shapes of things you’d rather forget. Memories can be vile, repulsive little brutes. Like children, no?

32.) Whenever you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, leading to places in your past where the screaming is unavoidable, remember this: There’s always madness. You can just step outside and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… Forever.

33.) I’ve demonstrated there’s no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day. That’s how far the world is from where I am, just one bad day.

34.) By clinging to reality, you’re denying the reality of the situation!

Other Quotes by Joker From Video Games, Comics and Old Movies

35.) Parting is such sweet sorrow, dearest. Still, you can’t say we didn’t show you a good time. Enjoy yourself out there… in the asylum. Just don’t forget — if it ever gets too tough… there’s always a place for you here.

36.) The real joke is your stubborn, bone-deep conviction that somehow, somewhere, all of this makes sense! That’s what cracks me up each time!

37.) Haven’t you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

38.) The pen, is truly mightier than the sword!

39.) As my plastic surgeon always says; If you gotta go, go with a smile.

Which ones are your favorites Joker Quotes? Please tell me in the comment section below. Also, if you like this article, then please share it on your social media (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc).

Read More:

ncG1vNJzZmilqam1qMXAmqVnm5%2BifKu7yp6pZqmlpMGmv44%3D